Wednesday, April 25, 2012

let's find some inspiration

If you are anything like me, you find yourself at times to be a bit lackluster for life, for tasks, for anything really that doesn't involve being a lazy gal. I have found myself in that place this week. My long list of things to do is daunting and for some reason I feel like if I never start that list I'll never have a chance to fail at those tasks...but really I'm just jumping to the end and finding myself at disappointment.

So today I've decided to pull myself out of my rut and find my motivation, inspiration & courage again. Writer Erika Napoletano's blog Redhead Writing, is a great place to find tough love & inspiration walking hand in hand (be forewarned about the mild vulgarness you may find there). So today when I stumbled upon her writings Perfection Never Gets Invited to Pool Parties, I was really excited to share it with you...I know we all have these moments. Erika's words made me realize that I need to be kind to myself & give myself grace like I give those around me. Grace especially for the many times I don't get all the things on my list of To Do's done for the day. And grace to start each day new, enjoying every moment no matter what it holds. Be sure to watch the video too...it's a keeper.


And as a crafter, I need to keep my inspiration cup filled up. So when I am feeling the weight of un-motivation, I usually go to my Pinterest, where I have loads of inspiring quotes, articles & tutorials pinned to keep me inspired....thank you Pinterest! In my hunt to find the right thing to jumpstart my motivation, I came across one of my favorites from Oh My Handmade, A Doodle a Day keeps you Creative all Day. I love this little saying & I love the free printable to easily keep doodles finding their way into my day.

I love this idea because while we do find inspiration from other folk's words & crafty ideas, we have to find our own, we have to believe that we ourselves can be a well of creativity & a task accomplishing machine. The way I do this is by doing something creative & fun to prove to my doubting self that I am awesome. And I hope you know that you are AWESOME too! I'm off to go doodle it up before I start tackling my not quite so daunting list of To Do's.



I hope you are a little inspired. If you have have something you do to find motivation & inspiration share it in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you!

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment